Large company Vs. Small company
I am going to list for you the advantages and disadvantages of each company. Deciding what style of company is best for you, can make or break your career.
Large company- Advantages.
- Exposure to lots of experienced people
- Expectation of higher salary, at least initially
- Potentially the ability to be less visible, since you are among many others, allowing you to possibly try different things.
- The expectation of job security.
Small company – Advantages
- Potentially more responsibility right away
- less structure and more relaxed atmosphere
- Less competition
- More flexibility to do what you want
Large company – Disadvantages
- More eyes on you, means more people criticizing you, and your work
- More competition, making it more difficult to advance within the company
- More structured environment, which means more rules and structure
Small company- Disadvantages
- Less money available for pay and other resources
- Less potential opportunities to learn from others
- Greater risk that company could fail
Badenhausen, K. (2013, September 10). America’s Best Small Companies. Retrieved May 10, 2014, from http://www.forbes.com/best-small-companies/
- Posted in: The Job Market